The Bachelor in Computational Sciences is a professional competent in mathematical methodologies, techniques, and models for the analysis, development and maintenance of information and communications technology (ICT).
The Computational Sciences professional must have expertise in the structure and components of different research methods which allows him to evaluate the performance and compatibility of computer systems.
The professional knows about administrative and profitable business processes, design and implementation methodologies, communication networks management, and basic knowledge in the fields of Nanotechnology or Biotechnology.
The competencies of the University general training are established as the professional profile required for national and international competiveness:
- Capacity for independent and continuous learning.
- Skills in the use of different languages such as: logical, formal, mathematical, symbolic, verbal, and non-verbal.
- Efficient handling in the use and management of information and communications technology.
- Capacity to communicate in an appropriate way in his/her native language and in other languages.
- Skills for the development of different thought expressions such as: logical, critical, and creative.
- Acceptance, commitment, and respect for cultural and social diversity.
- Professional and human commitment when facing modern society challenges both local and global.
- Practice and exercise of the ethical reflection and values promoted by UANL, such as: truth, solidarity, responsibility, freedom, justice, equity, and respect for life.
- Capacity interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary work.
- Skill to recognize the threats related with the social and ecological environment, through the professional and humanist area.
- Skills creation the creation and application of knowledge.
- Capacity to promote sustainable development through the holistic comprehension of reality and the innovative and creative planning and implementation of solutions.
- Capacity to integrate in changing and unexpected social and professional situations.
- Capacity for leadership committed to social and professional needs.
- Capacity to solve problems and adequate decision making.
Specific competencies of the Bachelor in Computational Sciences graduate:
- Analyses business processes to determine areas of opportunity and designs schemes that help organizations to be more efficient in said processes by using information technology tools.
- Creates software to automate processes of the industry or organization, whether manufacturing, financial, or commercial, through the use of cutting-edge computer tools.
- Designs communications technologies that allow organizations to be linked internal and externally, meeting the international standards suggested by IEEE.
- Produces technological alternatives that let organizations be at the vanguard and have economically justifiable competitive perks.
- Suggests alternative solutions to situations of communication technologies in conflict and/or already implemented systems, integrating innovative services in the industrial, teaching, and government field.
Work Market for graduates of this program:
- E- Commerce.
- Solution Developer for Web and application Software.
- Networks and telecommunication services manager.
- Database Manager.
- Developer for applications in Nanotechnology.
- Bioinformatics Software Developer.
- Research and development of new technologies in cutting-edge companies or academic institutions.
- Computer Systems Departments or Management Departments of any kind of companies: industrial or service, public and private.
- Upper Intermediate Education institutions
- Information Technology Consultant companies