Knowledge, experiences, and skills that the students will acquire
- Solid mathematic and statistic formation.
- Knowledge about insurance, actuarial mathematics, pensions, and finances.
- Capable of studying, planning, and formulating models with mathematical content, in order to provide information for planning, prediction, and decision-making.
- Will integrate mathematical and actuarial knowledge in the solving of concrete problems.
- Will apply informatics and computational technology in the everyday work.
- Expression of ideas on a clear and specific way, in oral and written form.
- Will take decisions based on actuarial problems.
- The student will acquire and value the information.
- Use of the English language as a mean of communication.
Desirable attitudes in the graduate of this program
- Community service vocation
- Cooperation for the multidisciplinary work in teams
- Critical and open minded attitude for social change, scientific and technologic situations
- Honesty and high humanistic sense
- Competence for resource administration
- Leadership in projects from the professional field
- Strong ethical and moral principles with society.
Sources of employment for the graduates of this program
- Insurance companies (design of life insurance plans, accidents, diseases, health, damage and reinsurance)
- Financial sector companies (Banking institutions, brokerage houses, investments, risk administration).
- Industrial sector companies (Industrial Statistics)
- Offices of actuarial consulting
- Universities and Technologic Institutions of Upper Intermediate and Higher education
- Research and science Divulgation Institutes